Viewing the Lake Calhoun Webcam
The webcam viewer application will work with either MS Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. It may be possible to view it with Safari or Firefox, but we have so far not been successful in testing it.
If the link to the webcam does not ask for a login, your browser has probably blocked the add-in required to view the website. Follow the instructions below to adjust your browser's security settings to allow ActiveX plugins to download and run.
MS Internet Explorer
- Click on 'Tools' in the IE menu.
- Click on 'Internet options' at the bottom of the menu.
- Open the 'Security' tab (see image below).
- To add our camera viewer as a new trusted site:
Back in the Security tab:
- Click on Trusted Sites (the big green Check), then click the 'Sites' button.
- Add the address 'http://lakecalhoun.swanndvr.net:40085/' to your list of trusted sites. (Changed to net:40085 from net:85 in 2013)
- Uncheck 'Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone'.
- Click 'Close'.
- Set the 'Security level for this zone' to 'Low'
- Click 'Apply'.
We have successfully viewed the camera site with Google Chrome. It requires that you install the 'IE Tab' from the Chrome store, and run the camera page in the IE tab.
For Mac users, Safari should work, but we have not been successful with it. There is a plugin required for Safari. The camera site will detect the need for the plugin and try to load it on your computer.
Firefox may have an IE tab as well, but we haven't tried it.